Topics » World of Warcraft » Guides » Simulate all Bags & Bank Gear, Find the Best in Slot – WOW Simulationcraft Guide
Simulate all Bags & Bank Gear, Find the Best in Slot – WOW Simulationcraft Guide2017-12-07T21:17:33+00:00

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hey!
    This is World of Warcraft Guide in Optimizing Gear with the Help of this Python Script named “AutoSimC”, SimulationCraft & SimPermut Addon. This is done by using all the bags and bank pieces, putting them into simulation, and finding the best performing gear from it all on Auto-Pilot.

How?
    One Way of Learning How to do it, is watching this Video:

How To Simulate all Bags / Bank Gear & Find Best In Slot – WOW SimulationCraft Guide – Legion 7.3.5

Another Way is reading through this quick text guide and try to follow it.
    For More detailed information and how stuffs are done properly, I would still recommend watching the video tho 😀

Anyway lets go!

1. Download AutoSimc, SimulationCraft, SimPermut (addon) & Python (Links Below) and Install them on your PC:

https://github.com/SimCMinMax/AutoSimC

– http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html

– https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/simpermut

https://www.python.org/downloads

2. Unzip AutoSimC into “C:” drive directly, without any folder in between.

3. Find the Python.exe & Simc.exe path & Save them for later in Notepad.

– Default Python Path: C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\python.exe  – Where [yourusername] is the username u use to login in to the Windows and Python36 being the Version of Python.

– Default Simcraft Path: C:\Simulationcraft(x64)\730-03\simc.exe

– Notice: I have instructions in the video, how to find the path of Python and SimulationCraft in detail, if you struggle.

4. Install Notepad++ or SublimeText (or other coding text editor)Notepad will do the trick, but it’s messy to edit programming codes with it.

5. Coding Launch.bat

– Open AutoSimC-master folder, and right click “Launch.bat”. Press Open With: Notepad++ or Sublime Text.

– Delete Everything after “@echo off”   up to   “REM For legendary permutations in command line, use this command :”

– After “@echo off” add the Python Path that I asked you to save before, and in the same line add: main.py -i input.txt -o out.simc -quiet -sim stage1″ (without the quotes””)

It should look similar to this: 

@echo off

C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37 main.py -i input.txt -o out.simc -quiet -sim stage1

REM For legendary permutations in command line, use this command :

REM python main.py -i settings.ini -o out.simc -l “leg1|id|bonus|enchant|gem,leg2|id2|bonus2|enchant2|gem2” 0:2

Python Path

6. Coding Settings.py

– Open settings.py from the AutoSimC-master folder with Notepad++ or Sublime.

– Replace simc_path = ‘C:\\Simulationcraft(x64)\\730-03\\simc.exe‘ with your SimulationCraft path, that I’ve asked you save before.

– Change the SimulationCraft path from this: C:\Simulationcraft(x64)\730-03\simc.exe into this: ‘C:\\Simulationcraft(x64)\\730-03\\simc.exe’ – basically just add extra “\” everywhere you see it and add single quotes at the start and at the end ”.

– While here, I would suggest to Change the “auto_download_simc = True” into “auto_download_simc = False

– You have other settings that you can mess around in the file, I have explained some of them in the video, but for most of them I would suggest to not mess with.

7. If the addon SimPermut is Installed, then launch the game.

– Type /simpermut in game and select all the gear you want to run through the simulation in order to pick which one is best.

– Press AutoSim Export button.

– Copy the Text on the Right Side

– Go into AutoSimC-master folder in “C:” and  Remove everything in the Input.txt file, paste the text from the game and Save it.

8. Running the Simulation

– Run “Launch.bat” from the AutoSimC-master folder.

– If you got asked about “Re-generate the out.simc file” press “y” on the keyboard and Enter.

– Then you can choose between Fixed and Dinamic Mode by typing “1” or “2” on your Keyboard, and pressing “Enter” (I suggest you dynamic)

– Then you can select what error you are targeting. Anything between 0.5% – 1% should be fine, but if it takes really long time, then go for higher % or lower if it’s something you can live with.

– When you decide, type the Selection Number (explained what that is in the image) and press Enter.

Launch.bat

– If you have A LOT of Gear Selected you can turn all the applications OFF (Especially if you have SimulationCraft in background) and other CPU / RAM using apps, and go to sleep… or to vacation… or something 😀

That’s It!

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to ask in the forums or in the video comments… I am sure other people will want to know the answers too, and If no one else will…  I will do my best to answer, if it’s possible!

Hope this helps!
    Much Love #nohomo,

Umren.

Davicitoo
    Participant

Hey Umren I have this error, do u know what do I have to do to fix it? This is the text shown in the log:

2017-12-08 12:12:41,397 INFO Analyzer-file found at ‘C:\AutoSimC-master\profiles\Analysis.json’.

2017-12-08 12:12:41,398 ERROR Error: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe4 in position 20: invalid continuation byte

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “main.py”, line 1421, in <module>

main()

File “main.py”, line 1376, in main

player_profile = build_profile(args)

File “main.py”, line 701, in build_profile

config.read_file(f)

File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\configparser.py”, line 718, in read_file

self._read(f, source)

File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\configparser.py”, line 1015, in _read

for lineno, line in enumerate(fp, start=1):

File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\codecs.py”, line 321, in decode

(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)

UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe4 in position 20: invalid continuation byte

Thanks beforehand!

UmrenTV
    Keymaster

[quote quote=2128]Hey Umren I have this error, do u know what do I have to do to fix it? This is the text shown in the log: 2017-12-08 12:12:41,397 INFO Analyzer-file found at ‘C:\AutoSimC-master\profiles\Analysis.json’. 2017-12-08 12:12:41,398 ERROR Error: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe4 in position 20: invalid continuation byte Traceback (most recent call last): File “main.py”, line 1421, in <module> main() File “main.py”, line 1376, in main player_profile = build_profile(args) File “main.py”, line 701, in build_profile config.read_file(f) File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\configparser.py”, line 718, in read_file self._read(f, source) File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\configparser.py”, line 1015, in _read for lineno, line in enumerate(fp, start=1): File “D:\Python\Python36-32\lib\codecs.py”, line 321, in decode (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final) UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe4 in position 20: invalid continuation byte Thanks beforehand![/quote]
    Oh I am not Python coder myself… I wouldn’t be able to say what might cause that… however try on this link if you can find documentation or ask the author of the script a question… that will surely help more.
    I can help with stuffs connected to World of Warcarft, or ideas and stuff… hard technical issues, I can’t really 😀

Link:  https://github.com/SimCMinMax/AutoSimC

Haschwalth
    Participant

hmmm im there is error , File “main.py”, line 404, in validateSettings

raise FileNotFoundError(“Simc executable at ‘{}’ does not exist.”.format(settings.simc_path))

FileNotFoundError: Simc executable at ‘C:\AutoSimC-master\auto_download\simc-730-03-win64\simc.exe’ does not exist.

UmrenTV
    Keymaster

[quote quote=2232]hmmm im there is error , File “main.py”, line 404, in validateSettings raise FileNotFoundError(“Simc executable at ‘{}’ does not exist.”.format(settings.simc_path)) FileNotFoundError: Simc executable at ‘C:\AutoSimC-master\auto_download\simc-730-03-win64\simc.exe’ does not exist.[/quote]

I am pretty sure either you don’t have Simulationcraft installed or you don’t have the correct path in Step 3 and 6.

Recheck everything again bro… or watch the video of me doing it step by step 🙂

Haschwalth
    Participant

thank you very much brother yes it worked but I have this other problem

http://prntscr.com/hvakgm

hmmm sorry for this problems…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Guides’ is closed to new topics and replies.