Global Health 101, Third Edition (Essential Public Health)
$93,95 (as of October 13, 2019, 10:53 am)
Rated by an independent panel as the best introductory Global Health text for undergraduates, Global Health 101, Third Edition is a clear, concise, and user-friendly introduction to the most critical issues in global health. It illustrates key themes with an extensive set of case studies, examples, and the latest evidence. Particular attention is given to the health-development link, to developing countries, and to the health needs of poor and disadvantaged people.
The Third Edition is a thorough revision that offers an extensive amount of new and updated information, while maintaining clarity, simplicity, and ease of use for faculty and students.
Offering the latest data on the burden of disease, the book presents unique content on key topics that are often insufficiently covered in introductory materials, such as immunization and adolescent health.
• New chapter on Adolescent Health–an important but largely uncovered topic in the existing Global Health literature
• Expanded chapter on Child Health with special attention given to immunizations
• Expanded coverage throughout on the topic of health disparities
• The latest information on nutrition including the Global Nutrition Report of November 2014 and the Lancet Series on Maternal and Child Nutrition of 2013
• New section on Pharmaceuticals
• More than 25 additional “Policy and Program” briefs that cover a range of key topics
Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access with:
A comprehensive, interactive eBook with embedded video links, knowledge checks and end-of-chapter quizzes
Interactive practice activities including study questions
Pre-loaded assessments including chapter quizzes, mid-terms, and a final exam.
An expansive package of instructor materials including: sample syllabi, model policy briefs, a case study for discussion for each of the core chapters of the book, and an extensive bibliography of global health references organized by chapter.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.